Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Give Thanks!

Choose your background music (because it helps you feel the true emotion):
 
Beauty. Happiness. Wonder. Delight. Relief. Peace. The quintessence of joy.
 
When I hear an amazing song or look at a beautiful painting, I can feel peace wash over my soul.  I experienced that feeling today. It was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break, and my birthday is during the break. My friends made my day with their well wishes, hugs, and smiles! I heard a really good song during first period. In second period, I survived a test! In third period, I did several fun activities in a lab. During lunch, I sat with my amazing friends and watched the rain outside through the huge windows in the media center. In fifth period, my teacher made a ton of "Doctor Who" references. In sixth period, I finished a quest (a combination of quiz and test) on time and colored a picture of a turkey for extra credit (naturally, I used all the wrong colors!) In seventh period, I watched a video about the Mayflower. In eighth period (media arts), I doodled a picture of steam coming out of a tea mug with song lyrics in cursive. I was treated to a vanilla milkshake, and later this evening, I ate a great dinner. I sat down with the computer and my favorite song ("Hoppipolla" by Sigur Ros) came on Pandora. Those first few piano notes made me feel like I could explode! All the stress and worry blossomed into internal fireworks of delight. I forgot to breathe for a moment. I could have formed a corporeal patronus with that powerful feeling! It was a moment, frozen in time, in which I felt complete serenity. My mind was a sailboat on glassy water. It was complete and total beauty.
 
Days and moments like these are gifts from God. He sees us running around life like rats in a maze looking for cheese, and he sends these precious things to us. Small, good things eventually become wonderful, amazing things that sustain us and give us hope, peace, and joy. Blessings are like bubbles. The everyday blessings are what dips the bubble wand in the juice. The little things are the tiny breezes that create the bubbles and carry them off so that they can float up to the sky. This Thanksgiving, do not only thank God for the big things. Take time to reflect on the little things! Happy Thanksgiving, friends. :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment